This fresh cucumber tomato with whipped feta salad is not only delicious but it’s refreshing, healthy, and low in calories. it’s a perfect side dish to serve alongside any meal, for chicken, beef, and seafood… Cucumber feta salad is a ubiquitous summer favorite, So go to try this flavorful salad, which can be ready in 5 minutes.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD WITH WHIPPED FETA?
- Cucumber: Any kind of cucumber ( Persian, mini cucumber…) will work for this fresh salad. Our favorite ones are English cucumbers are much sweeter than others, and are seedless.
- Tomatoes: All varieties of tomatoes can be used ( Cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, Roma tomatoes..)
- Red onion or Shallots.
- Feta cheese: As crumbled feta is highly convenient, you can use the block feta and crumble it by yourself.
- Basil oil/basil pesto
- Fresh herbs: fresh Dill, Chives and basil are all so delicious with cucumber. you can replace it with all the fresh herbs you prefer.
- Extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil.
- Fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
HOW TO MAKE CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD WITH WHIPPED FETA?
There’s not much to making this cucumber salad, you can make it in less than 5 minutes. it’s as easy as chopping cucumber, slicing tomatoes and onion, adding Whipped feta, and mixing it with olive oil and black pepper in a blender. Spread the dressing sauce on a serving plate. Place cucumber, onion, and tomatoes in the mixture sauce. Drizzle with lemon juice and scatter over fresh basil leaves.
So easy and quick, it only takes a quick second to make.
What can you serve with Cucumber Tomato Salad with Whipped Feta
This salad is a perfect side dish for almost any protein. It goes very well with grilled salmon, chicken, pork, lamb dishes, and shrimp or steak.
There are some suggested accompaniments for this dish :
- Crispy juicy fried chicken
- Salmon with lemon cream sauce
You can serve it on its own by making it healthier by adding cold penne, lettuce, or arugula.
How can we keep Cucumber Tomato Salad With Whipped Feta?
The salad can be served immediately or placed in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. This can also be made the day before and stored in the refrigerator, but don’t forget to add salad ingredients right before serving on the whipped feta.
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
- 2 medium peeled cucumbers
- 500g chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- 200 g crumbled feta cheese
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons of extra olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Salt (1 teaspoon) and pepper (1/2 teaspoon) to taste
- Wash and peel the cucumber. You can chop or slice it or also cut it into small quarters it depends on your preference. you can leave the skin on or remove it if you want. Place the cucumber in a medium or large serving bowl.
- Mince finely red onion and cut slightly tomatoes, add it to the bowl.
- Make whipped feta cheese in a blender.
- Add 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil and a pinch of black pepper. Mix very well until gets combined.
- Spread whipped feta on your serving plate.
- Place the cucumber, onion, and tomatoes on the whipped feta, and season with basil oil, lemon juice, and salt to your taste.
- finish by scatting over fresh basil leaves.
Enjoy your salad!
Place the salad on whipped feta just before serving. Adding the seasoning early will takes the water out of the cucumber).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 470mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 14g