For Printable Recipe Card, Please Scroll to the Bottom.
These grilled shrimp skewers with jalapeño cajun butter are seasoned with a mixture of tasty cajun seasoning and grilled for a perfect flavor. the dipping sauce is incredibly delicious. This recipe is a perfect quick and easy appetizer for summertime.
What you’ll Need to Make These Tasty Cajun Garlic Butter Grilled Shrimp Skewers
You don’t need too much to make this jalapeño cajun shrimp. To prepare this tasty and easy recipe, you’ll need :
Shrimp: peeled and deveined fresh shrimp (21/25). Frozen shrimp can be used too.
salt and pepper for taste
To prepare the jalapeño cajun butter, you’ll need :
Fresh jalapeño peppers.
Fresh lemon juice.
How to Make Cajun Garlic Butter Grilled Shrimp Skewers
Here are some simple steps for how to make yourself some grilled shrimp skewers with cajun jalapeno cajun butter.
Prepare your skewers: Soak the wooden skewers in water while you prepare the shrimp
Preheat your grill: Turn on the hot grill pan and preheat it to High heat. An outdoor grill also can be used.
Season your shrimp: Prepare the seasoning. start by combining all ingredients for the Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp, Drizzle over olive oil, and add salt. adjust salt to your desired taste. Then mix very well until the shrimp get well coated.
Skewer: slide 4 marinated shrimp onto skewers.
Grill: Place the shrimp skewers directly on the grill pan and grill until the shrimps get opaque. Remove the shrimp from the grill to a serving platter.
Prepare the jalapeño butter: heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. make butter to melt, add garlic powder and chopped jalapeño pepper. Add seasoning and drizzle with lemon juice. cook until fragrant.
Serve it warm, and enjoy your meal!
How to Grill Shrimp
Here are some tips for grilling this cajun shrimp.
Don’t put the shrimp on the grill when it is too cold, you will cook the shrimp through before gets cooked on the exterior. Preheat your grill, until it comes to 400-450 degree F temperature zone.
Don’t overcook your shrimp. we recognize a well-cooked shrimp from its shape. it must be like a C shape, not a “g” or an “o”.
To prevent your shrimp stick to the grates, make sure to oil your grill, A nice coat of high-heat cooking oil is necessary.
What to Serve with Grilled Shrimp Skewers
This shrimp skewers recipe is a perfect main dish for the keto diet, but it is also a delicious and healthy meal for summertime. it can be served with all types of fresh salads :
with pesto pasta or rice, with grilled vegetables (Broccoli, zucchini…..)
Can I Make This AHEAD or Store Grilled Shrimp Skewers
You can prepare this recipe a day before and grill it just before serving. you must marinate the shrimp and make it in the fridge for a night. grill just before serving to keep it warm.
leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat the butter in a saucepan or in the microwave oven before serving.
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
- 500 g (1.1 pounds) peeled and deveined shrimp (21/25)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- JALAPEÑO CAJUN BUTTER:
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice to taste
- salt to taste
- Soak the wooden skewers in water while you prepare the shrimp
- Turn on the hot grill pan and preheat it to High (400-450 degrees F). An outdoor grill also can be used.
- Prepare the seasoning. start by combining all ingredients for the Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp, Drizzle over olive oil, and add salt. adjust salt to your desired taste.
- Mix very well until the shrimp get well coated. Skewer 4 marinated shrimp onto skewers.
- Place the shrimp skewers directly on the grill pan and grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side until the shrimps get opaque. Remove the shrimp from the grill to a serving platter.
- To make the jalapeño butter, heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. make butter to melt, add garlic powder and chopped jalapeño pepper. Add seasoning and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Cook for 2 minutes. the jalapeño butter is ready.
- serve it with grilled shrimp as a dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 1099mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g