For Printable Recipe Card, Please Scroll to the Bottom.
Want to feel like a kid again? If the answer is yes, then you have to make this Oreo cookie dessert ASAP. Made with layers of cookie crust, creamy cream cheese and Cool Whip mixture, chocolate pudding, more Cool Whip, and topped with crushed Oreos, it’s one of the most nostalgic Oreo desserts ever.
It really took me back to my childhood and my kids absolutely loved it. I will keep this yummy Oreo dessert recipe for days when I want to make them happy (and my inner child as well!).
INGREDIENTS FOR OREO DESSERT
- Oreo cookies. You can use regular or double Stuff Oreos. I used regular Oreos.
- Butter. Melted butter is mixed with the crushed Oreos to make the first layer, the crust.
- Cream cheese, mixed with Cool Whip and sugar makes for the most amazing filling. It tastes like Oreo cooking filling. Use powdered sugar so it dissolves easily.
- Powdered sugar dissolves way better than granulated sugar and makes for a smoother filling.
- Cool Whip. You will need two tubs. One for the cream cheese filling and one for the top layer. If it is a bit too frozen, let it thaw a little bit before using.
- Instant chocolate pudding, because it is so easy to make and to be honest, so good!
- Milk to make the pudding. Use your favorite milk, I use 2%.
HOW TO MAKE OREO DESSERT
1. Place the Oreo cookies inside a zipper bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Save ½ cup of these crushed cookies for the topping.
2. Mix the crushed cookies with melted butter and press this mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. This makes the first layer.
3. Using an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese with powdered sugar until fluffy and using a rubber spatula, fold in one tub of Cool Whip until well blended and smooth. This will be your second layer.
4. Spoon this mixture on top of the cookie crust layer. Place into the fridge while making the third layer.
5. For the third layer, make the chocolate pudding by whisking the instant chocolate pudding with milk for a few minutes until it thickens. Pour the pudding on top of the cream cheese layer. Place into the fridge for 15 mins.
6. Top with the second tub of Cool Whip and sprinkle with the ½ cup of crushed cookies you saved. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Overnight is perfect.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES, CHECK OUT:
- 1- 15 oz pack of Oreo cookies
- ½ cup of butter, melted
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 2- 8 oz tubs of Cool Whip (one for the cream cheese filling, one for the top layer)
- 1- 5.1 oz box instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Place the Oreo cookies inside a zipper bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Don’t worry if they are not fully crushed, some larger bits are perfectly fine. Save ½ cup of the crushed cookies and place the rest inside a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter and drizzle it on top of the crushed cookies. Using a fork, mix them together and press the mixture to the bottom of the baking dish. This will be your crust.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, mix the cream cheese with the powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Fold the first tub of Cool Whip into the cream cheese mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Spoon this mixture over the cookie crust. This is your second layer. Place the dish in the fridge while making the chocolate pudding.
- Make the chocolate pudding by whisking together the instant chocolate pudding mixture and 3 cups of cold milk until thick, about 2-3 minutes. Pour it over the cream cheese mixture. This is your third layer.
- Top with the second tub of Cool Whip for the final layer and sprinkle the reserved crushed cookies on top. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 733Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 2gSugar: 49gProtein: 9g