For Printable Recipe Card, Please Scroll to the Bottom.
Asiago Tortelloni Alfredo With Grilled Chicken
Thinking about making Alfredo sauce can be daunting for a lot of people, but believe me when I tell you this is the easiest Asiago tortelloni Alfredo recipe ever. Everybody loves Olive Garden chicken tortellini recipes and there are lots of them out there. I have tried a few.
This one is the easiest and quickest one to make. The Alfredo sauce takes 5 minutes to make and it’s foolproof. It takes longer to cook the chicken than anything else in this recipe, so if you’re on the go, or coming back from a long day at work but want to enjoy a delicious dinner, you’ll love this Asiago tortelloni Alfredo with grilled chicken Olive Garden recipe.
RECIPE FOR EASY ALFREDO SAUCE
The secret to Olive Garden chicken tortelloni is definitely in the Alfredo sauce. It has to be creamy but flavorful, luscious but not too thick. It is very easy to achieve this by following these simple steps.
Using a small heavy bottom saucepan and medium heat, melt the butter and add ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and 2 teaspoons of chicken bouillon.
Once the butter has completely melted, lower the heat to low and pour in the half and half and heavy creams. Stirring constantly, heat the mixture just until it is about to boil, but do not let it boil. This takes about 7 minutes depending on your stove.
Remove it from the heat and add the Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Stir until the cheeses melt. If you feel it is too thin, heat it up a little bit until it thickens, but don’t thicken it too much. I prefer it to be a little thin since it thickens quite a bit as it cools down.
PIN IT NOW to save for later!
MAKING PERFECT GRILLED CHICKEN
I have found that pounding the chicken breasts thin helps them cook really quickly and evenly. Pounding it makes the whole breast the same width so you don’t have one part fully cooked and another uncooked.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. This will not only impart great flavor but also gives it some color.
Make sure your pan is hot before adding the olive oil and the chicken. Heat the pan on medium heat until you can place your hands a few inches above it and feel the heat. Be careful not to touch the pan or you can burn yourself.
After it is hot, add the oil and let it heat up for a few seconds. When you see the oil start to smoke a little, add your chicken breasts. Do not overcrowd the pan. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes on each side and transfer them to a plate. Cover with foil until ready to use.
HOW TO MAKE OLIVE GARDEN ASIAGO TORTELLONI ALFREDO WITH GRILLED CHICKEN
This dish takes about 30 minutes from start to finish. The first step is to grill the chicken. Pound the chicken breasts until thin and season with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika. Cook them on a hot skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side and transfer them to a plate. Cover with foil and reserve.
While the chicken is cooking, cook the fresh cheese tortelloni in boiling salted water until tender. Drain the water and place the tortelloni in a baking dish.
Make the Alfredo sauce by combining melted butter, half and half, heavy cream, garlic powder and chicken bouillon. Heat the mixture until you think it will start to boil, but don’t let it boil. Remove from heat and mix in the Asiago and Parmesan cheese.
Pour the sauce on top of the tortelloni, place the cooked and sliced chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle the seasoned panko breadcrumbs and mozzarella cheese evenly on top and broil until browned.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES, CHECK OUT:
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1- 9 oz package refrigerated cheese tortelloni
- ½ stick of butter
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated Asiago cheese
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs seasoned with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup freshly shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them until ½ inch thick. Season with Italian seasoning, paprika, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Using a large skillet, heat the olive oil until it starts to smoke and cook the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil until ready to use.
- Boil the fresh tortelloni in salted water until tender, drain and transfer to a baking dish.
- Make the Alfredo sauce by melting the butter in a heavy bottom small saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, turn the heat on low, and add the garlic powder, chicken bouillon, half and half and heavy cream. Heat the mixture stirring constantly until it is just about to boil. Do not let it boil. Remove from heat and stir in the Asiago and Parmesan cheese. If you can’t find Asiago cheese, you can use only Parmesan. Pour the sauce on top of the cooked tortelloni.
- Slice the cooked chicken breasts and place them on top of the tortelloni. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella and seasoned breadcrumbs on top of the chicken and place underneath the broiler until the cheese melts and the breadcrumbs turn brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 934Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 267mgSodium: 1286mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 58g