For Printable Recipe Card, Please Scroll to the Bottom.
Marry Me Chicken, Funny name for a dish, isn’t it? Well, this chicken recipe is so good if you make it for your boyfriend he will surely propose! It really is delicious and once you have all your ingredients ready, this dish comes together in about 30 minutes.
Don’t be fooled about how easy it is to make though, because it tastes like it came from a fancy restaurant. The sauce is very creamy and tasty, and it makes enough to maybe add some cooked pasta as well.
WHAT IS MARRY ME CHICKEN?
Marry me chicken recipe is creamy and cheesy, but at the same time a bit tangy. Chicken cutlets that have been browned to perfection are then bathed in a creamy concoction laced with the tangy taste of sun dried tomatoes, that will definitely make your mouth water and your man fall madly in love with your cooking.
HOW TO MAKE MARRY ME CHICKEN?
The creamy base sauce is made by sauteing very finely minced shallots and garlic, then deglazing the skillet with dry white wine. To this reduction chicken broth, heavy cream and grated Parmesan cheese are added and it is simmered until the desired consistency is achieved.
Lastly, chopped sun dried tomatoes and Italian seasoning are added to finish the sauce. The previously floured and browned chicken cutlets are added, along with basil, to the sauce and simmered a few more minutes until all flavors are “married” as well.
INGREDIENTS FOR MARRY ME CHICKEN
- For this dish you will need skinless, boneless chicken breasts that have been sliced to make very thin cutlets.
- Flour is seasoned with a little paprika and used to lightly coat the chicken cutlets.
For the creamy sauce you will need:
- Minced shallots and garlic
- Dry white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- Chicken stock
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MARRY ME CHICKEN?
I like to make my sauce a little on the runny side and add cooked pasta to the portion that is left over on the skillet after removing the chicken cutlets. To do this, if my sauce is a bit thick, I pour a bit of the pasta cooking water into the sauce.
I also love to have a thick slice of crusty bread to soak up all this delicious sauce. A salad is also a great side for this easy Marry Me Chicken recipe because the acidity of the dressing pairs very well with the creaminess of the dish.
TIPS FOR MAKING MARRY ME CHICKEN
1. Mince the shallots and garlic very finely. This sauce is supposed to be smooth and creamy and having large chunks of onion and garlic is not desired.
2. Add the white wine while the skillet is hot from sauteing the shallots and garlic and let it cook down to evaporate the alcohol in the wine.
3. Season with salt and pepper after you have added the Parmesan cheese and simmered the sauce. Remember that Parmesan cheese is a bit salty.
4. After flouring the chicken cutlets, make sure to shake any excess flour before browning them.
HOW TO STORE MARRY ME CHICKEN
Place any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
This recipe doesn’t freeze very well because creamy sauces break down after thawing. The fat separates from the liquid in the sauce and the texture will never be the same.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES, CHECK OUT:
- 1 ½ lbs ( about 3) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced into cutlets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon blanc or Pinot Grigio)
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Season the flour with paprika and lightly flour the cutlets.
- Over medium high heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Shake the excess flour off the chicken cutlets and brown them on both sides (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer to a plate and reserve.
- Using the same skillet, saute the minced shallots and garlic in the leftover butter and oil. If you need to add a bit more, do so.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine. Let it reduce for about a minute, lower the heat and pour in the chicken stock, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Add the chopped sundried tomatoes, Italian seasoning and chili flakes. Simmer the sauce until it reaches the desired consistency and season with salt and pepper. Return the chicken cutlets to the skillet, add the chopped fresh basil and let everything simmer for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 492mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 32g