If you love potatoes you will love this loaded baked potato casserole. The same amazing flavor of a freshly baked potato with butter, green onions, sour cream, bacon, and cheddar cheese is baked together conveniently.
For this twice-baked potato casserole, you will need to bake the potatoes as you would if you were eating them like that, and then mix their flesh with all the trimmings and bake it again until all the flavors melt together in a wonderfully cheesy mixture.
How To Make Potato Casserole
To make this dish ahead of time, cook the potatoes, mix them with the rest of the ingredients, and place them in a greased baking dish. cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking. Cheese should be added the day you plan to serve it.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂
Freezing Leftover Potato Casserole
You can freeze the leftovers, some people don’t agree, but I do it and I find that this dish freezes well. to defrost, place it in the fridge overnight to thaw. This casserole has a high fat content, that keeps the mashed potato as fresh as possible.
Place your leftovers in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to 4 days, or you can keep them in the freezer for up to 4 months.
always label the food when freezing it. so you check the expiration date.
Reheating Frozen Potatoes
To reheat, place your leftovers in the microwave or the oven. thaw them before reheating them.
Heat for 2 minutes on high when using the microwave, take it out stir the potatoes, and if they are not hot enough reheat for 30 secs intervals until they reach the desired temperature.
If you are reheating them in the oven, place them in an oven-safe dish, cover them with foil, and heat for 15-20 mins in a preheated 350 °F (180°C) oven.
Don’t lose this delicious recipes:
- 8 russet potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a 350°F (180°C) oven for 60 mins. Remove from the oven and scoop out the flesh into a medium-sized bowl. Do not turn off the oven.
- Pour in the milk and add the sour cream and softened cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley. Mix everything well just until smooth.
- Grease the bottom and sides of a baking dish. Spread the potato mixture evenly on the dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- Take the casserole out of the oven and sprinkle the cheese evenly on top. Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Once the cheese has melted, top with the crumbled bacon and sliced green onions. Serve while hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 701mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 16g
Sos Recipes is not staffed by nutritionists or dietitians, and any provided nutritional information is an approximation. If calorie count and nutritional value are crucial to you, we suggest inputting the ingredients into your preferred online nutritional calculator. The actual calorie and nutritional content may differ based on the brands used.