For Printable Recipe Card, Please Scroll to the Bottom.
Everybody loves churros, but to be honest they are a hassle to make. Professional churro makers have extruding machines to aid them in giving churros their characteristic shape, so it is hard to make traditional ones at home. We do have some hacks that may not be just like the original, but can relieve our cravings. Churro cheesecake is an amazing idea that uses one of these ingenious hacks.
Crescent dough is used to mimic cooked churro batter and combined with cheesecake makes the most amazing churro cheesecake bars. Also, your kitchen will smell amazing while the cinnamon sugar coated dough bakes. Churro cheesecake recipe is a winner.
HOW TO MAKE CHURRO CHEESECAKE
This layered dessert is super easy to make.
- Cinnamon sugar is made by combining ⅓ cup sugar with 1 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon. Half of this mixture is used to coat the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- For the bottom crust of the bars, unroll a crescent dough sheet and place it inside the baking dish, on top of the cinnamon sugar.
- Make the cheesecake filling by beating 2 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese together with 1 egg, ½ cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract until smooth. Spoon this filling on top of the crescent dough sheet.
- Place a second crescent dough sheet carefully on top of the cream cheese filling and sprinkle it with the rest of the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in a 350 F pre-heated oven for 30 mins or until slightly brown.
HOW TO STORE CHURRO CHEESECAKE BARS
These bars can be stored in the fridge or in the freezer. Store them in an airtight container with parchment paper in between each bar to prevent them from sticking together. They can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Let them thaw in the fridge before serving them.
1. Wait until the bars are completely cold before cutting them.
2. The cream cheese should be room temperature before making the filling to make it easier to mix with the rest of the ingredients.
3. You may need to cut about one inch of dough on each end so that it fits perfectly into the baking dish (you can roll it in cinnamon sugar and bake it too).
4. Transfer the filling onto the crescent dough sheet by spoonfuls and then use a spatula to gently smooth it over the sheet to cover it evenly.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES, CHECK OUT:
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2- 8 oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 crescent dough sheets (I use Pillsbury)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Reserve
- Make the filling by mixing together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray and sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar.
- Carefully place a sheet of crescent into the pan on top of the cinnamon sugar and spoon the filling evenly over the sheet.
- Cover the filling with the second crescent dough sheet.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cinnamon sugar and bake for 30 mins or until slightly golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g