For Printable Recipe Card, Please Scroll to the Bottom.
This perfect creamy lemon shrimp pasta is a so delicious classic meal. it takes 15 minutes from start to finish and it’s the most comfortable food fit for all time. It is full of flavors, creamy-cheesy, light, and vibrantly lemony pasta recipe. Also without shrimp, you can make it vegetarian! Certainly, you will enjoy this recipe, just give it a try!
How to Need for Shrimp Pasta
This easy creamy lemon shrimp pasta recipe can be ready in only minutes. It’s made with tender Tagliatelle pasta, shrimp/Prawns, and full of lemon parmesan flavors with a pinch of garlic all tossed in a creamy sauce.
- Pasta of your choice (I prefer Tagliatelle but you can choose linguine, spaghetti, fettuccini, or penne)
- Peeled shrimp or Prawns(31-40 count size): you can use fresh or frozen uncooked shrimp
- Garlic cloves
- Heavy whipping cream
- Fresh lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
How to make easy Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
It is also so easy to make. I have adapted my favorite cream sauce to make it a little lighter but no less flavor!
Boil the pasta in a large pot on medium heat for a few minutes until aldente. Meantime, heat a medium skillet on high-medium heat, add butter, minced garlic, fresh lemon juice, cream, and shrimp. Turn the shrimp until get cooked. shrimps must be pink. add the parmesan cheese, and stir in until the parmesan has melted. Continue to simmer.
Drain the tagliatelle, keep a cup of pasta water, and add it to the sauce. You can use pasta water or shrimp stock, also chicken or vegetable broth can be used instead. This is simmered for 5 minutes and the sauce is ready to use.
Add pasta to the cream sauce, season with salt and pepper. Toss well with the sauce. And serve it vanished with fresh parsley and parmesan.
What to serve with Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
this delicious creamy shrimp pasta is a rich dish. You can serve it with a simple side such as a salad with a tasty vinaigrette ( “EASY CUCUMBER TOMATO ONION SALAD, or some steamed or grilled vegetables ( carrots, mushrooms, green beans, broccoli…) or just with delicious bread for mopping up the extra cream sauce.
You can also serve it with :
- Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Baked Peri Peri Chicken
- Chicken tenders
How can we store leftover Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta?
In the fridge – YOU CAN STORE your leftover shrimp pasta in an airtight container for up to 4 days. You can reheat it as explained below.
In the freezer: It’s not a good idea to freeze this type of pasta. They’re not ideal for freezing, as the creamy lemon-garlic sauce tends to be much thinner and soak into the pasta, making it much stickier. However, it’s still possible to freeze them in an airtight tin for up to 3 months.
How to reheat pasta: To serve your pasta, reheat it well, take it out of the fridge, and leave it at room temperature for 15 minutes. Then place in a medium saucepan. Add a little broth, if available, or water to the sauce to soften it, and heat over medium heat until the sauce begins to bubble and the pasta is heated through.
You can reheat the pasta in the microwave, but be careful when cooking the shrimp, as they can become rubbery very quickly. If you wish, you can remove the shrimp from the pasta to heat through, and then add them again at the end of the reheating process.
Don’t forget to garnish with parsley and parmesan right before serving.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES, CHECK OUT:
- 1/2 kg pasta of your choice (I prefer Tagliatelle)
- 1/2 Kg deveined and peeled shrimp (31-40 count size)
- 3 Tablespoons of butter
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- a handful of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a large, well-salted large pot of water for the pasta.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Before draining, reserver 1 cup pasta water.
- Make a medium skillet over medium or high heat.
- Add the butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, and heavy cream. Add shrimp to the skillet in a single layer.
- Let cook until pink on the bottom, about 1 - 2 minutes. turn shrimp and continue to cook until cooked through.
- Add seasoning and let the sauce bubble for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese. Let simmer for about 2 minutes until the sauce gets reduced slightly.
- Remove the cream from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Pasta to the sauce and thin it with little cooking water if needed. Toss in pasta until get well coated with sauce.
- Serve it warm garnished with parmesan and parsley if you want.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 594Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 426mgSodium: 1991mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 49g