For Printable Recipe Card, Please Scroll to the Bottom.
This easy homemade pizza sauce recipe is made in 5 minutes with a few ingredients. This no-cook sauce is the best pizza sauce you will ever try! Furthermore, it’s vegan-friendly, gluten-free, and also uses mostly pantry staples so you can make it in no time! It’s perfect for storing in the fridge and also the freezer.
What do you need to Make this Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
The ingredients needed for this easy homemade pizza sauce are :
- Tomato passata or tomato sauce or puree: you can make this recipe with whole tomatoes, diced canned tomatoes, and pureed tomatoes, and all three of these work.
- Tomato paste: this ingredient is important, it gives a great thickness to pizza sauce and adds a delicious tomato flavor..;
- Salt and pepper: The salt and pepper help flavor the sauce.
- Sugar: this ingredient is optional or you can substitute honey. The sugar helps to tame the acidity of tomato a little bit.
- Garlic powder or pressed garlic
- Dried oregano: you can choose other Italian seasonings like dried basil, dried marjoram, or dried herbs you can also use fresh ones.
- Olive oil: a fine splash of olive oil helps flavor the sauce and also helps bloom and combine all ingredients.
How to Make Pizza Sauce
This homemade pizza sauce recipe is the easiest one you can try, you can make it in 5 minutes. Start by mixing the tomato puree and tomato paste together in a medium bowl. Add all ingredients, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar oregano, and olive oil, and mix until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
You can taste the sauce and adjust it with additional seasoning, salt, or sugar as desired. Then, You can use this delicious sauce in your favorite pizza recipes. The flavor and success of Italian pizza lie in the pizza sauce. So try well to have a thick sauce and spread a nice layer on your pizza dough.
How can we use Homemade Pizza SAUCE?
Homemade pizza sauce is an excellent base sauce for all types of pizza, spaghetti, and pasta, or you can use it as a sauce on garlic bread or also as a dipping sauce for roasted or grilled vegetables ( eggplant, cauliflower, potatoes, or mushrooms).
How to store homemade pizza sauce?
You can store this delicious pizza sauce in a jar or an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. This recipe may keep well in the freeze. To freeze this sauce, you can place it in bags or containers and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To use, let the sauce come to room temperature or make it in the microwave for immediate use.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES, CHECK OUT:
- 2 cups tomato passata/tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Mix well tomato paste and puree together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients: salt, black pepper, garlic powder oregano, sugar, and olive oil.
- Stir until all ingredients get combined throughout the sauce.
- Taste and adjust to your taste.
- Spread on your favorite pizza bases.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 3 TBS
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 231mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g