For Printable Recipe Card, Please Scroll to the Bottom.
This baked Peri Peri Chicken is prepared full of flavor. the marinade sauce is very juicy and crispy, perfect for a family dinner. Get your favorite Peri Peri chicken.
What you’ll Need For Baked Peri Peri Chicken
- Chicken: You can use a whole chicken, bone-in chicken thighs, or skinless chicken breast fillets
- Red pepper: fresh red pepper without seeds and membranes removed. Roasted red peppers from a jar also can be used.
- Chilli: bird’s eye chilis stems removed
- Fresh Lemon juice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic: You can use either fresh garlic cloves, or ready minced garlic from a jar.
- Oregano: sometimes known as wild marjoram. You can substitute with thyme.
- Extra Olive oil
- Salt, black pepper, and sugar: Adjust these to your own taste.
How to Make Peri Peri Chicken
Firstly, Preheat the oven. Meantime, Make the Peri Peri sauce. Then, Place all marinade ingredients in the blender, combine, and mix until very finely processed and mixed. Place the chicken in a large bowl, and pour the marinade over. Add sugar or honey and season with salt and pepper. Mix very well until the chicken is completely coated with marinade sauce.
Try to cover the chicken and leave it to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Lay the chicken out in a baking dish, and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Carefully baste the chicken with the pan juices and served sprinkled with fresh parsley.
What To Serve With Peri Peri Chicken
This tasty recipe of PERI PERI chicken can be perfectly served with a fresh salad, spicy mushroom rice, or just a slice of fresh tomatoes or garlic bread. it can absolutely be served with fresh fries, potatoes, or sweet potato wedges.
- Cucumber Tomato Salad With Whipped Feta
- Garlic Bread
Can I Make This AHEAD or Store it?
Can I make it in advance?
You can absolutely make Peri Peri chicken in advance. Marinate your chicken and store it in an airtight container in the fridge until 12 hours.
Can I freeze peri chicken?
Certainly, you can store your marinated raw chicken. Just tip the marinade and chicken into an airtight bag and make it in the freezer for up to 3 months. To serve, remove it from the freezer and place it in the fridge for 1 day. You can also defrost in the microwave.
How can I reuse leftovers?
The PERI PERI chicken is perfect to make in a sandwich, or a fresh salad.
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER?
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 500 grams skinless chicken breast fillets or 1 whole chicken (butterflied) if you prefer,
- 2 teaspoons honey or sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, bottled roasted red pepper can be used
- 1 small red onion peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 2 small bird's eye chilis stems removed, dried chili flakes can be a substitute
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390ºF.
- Meantime, Make the Peri Peri sauce: Place all marinade ingredients in the blender, combine, and mix until very finely processed and mixed.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, and pour the marinade over.
- Add sugar or honey and season with salt and pepper. Mix very well until the chicken is completely coated with marinade sauce.
- Cover the chicken and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Lay the chicken out in a baking dish, and cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Carefully baste the chicken with the pan juices and served sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 1000mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 2gSugar: 15gProtein: 49g