If you don’t like Brussels Sprouts, you most likely haven’t tried them roasted with garlic, it’s guaranteed to take your Brussel Sprouts to a whole new level.
The key to making them exceptional is scorching them on the bottom side, then topping them off with some parmesan. If you’re not a fan, this baked Brussels Sprout recipe will most likely make you think otherwise, it is worth the try.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Brussels sprouts. Medium sized are best to ensure a similar cooking time, otherwise they won’t cook the same.
- Olive oil. Preferably some virgin olive oil, as its flavors give a special touch to the recipe.
- Garlic. Well chopped, to blend perfectly into your Brussels Sprouts.
- Red pepper flakes. However, if your kids will be enjoying this with you, avoid the spice altogether.
- Salt and pepper to taste. As a preference, freshly ground black pepper and coarse salt are my go-to.
- Grated Parmesan cheese. Freshly grated cheese is a lot better than the one you might get at the store, so I would recommend grating your parmesan at home.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂
How to make roasted Brussels sprouts
With few instructions to follow, here’s one of the simplest recipes ever to make:
1. Turn on your oven at 400 F. Trim your Brussels Sprouts, cutting off any leaves on the outside that are damaged, clean them off with some water, then chop them in half.
2. On a baking pan, lay them down and put olive oil on top.
3. Add in the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and minced garlic.
4. Blend well until everything is well combined with your Brussel Sprouts.
5. With your cut sides down, put them in the oven to cook for 10 minutes.
6. Then take the sheet out and equally coat with some parmesan.
7. Pop your Brussels Sprouts back into the oven for an extra 10 or 15 minutes according to size. They need to be cooked all the way without being too overly done. Sprinkle more Parmesan on them when serving.
How do you store and reheat roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic?
For Storing, they can be placed in the fridge in a sealed container for 4 days. They can also either be reheated in the microwave or put in the oven to get their crisp back.
What can you do with leftover Brussels Sprouts?
- They can elevate any salad.
- They can be turned into a slaw by mincing them.
- They’re the perfect fit to play as a side to your meal.
- Take them to a new level by pouring some tahini or yogurt on top with some pomegranate seeds on the side.
- They can be made into a gratin by topping them with some cream cheese and baking them.
- Turn them into a salad by adding roasted pear, some goat cheese and balsamic glaze.
- Boost your go-to hummus recipe by putting some chopped Brussel Sprout on it.
- Mix them in with a green salad drizzled with some lemon-honey vinaigrette.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
Don’t lose this delicious recipes:
- ½ lbs of Brussels sprouts
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ to 1 tablespoon of coarse salt
- ¼ tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon of red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Turn on your oven to 400 F. Trim the Brussels Sprouts removing the damaged outer layer, cut the stems, give them a rinse and cut them in half. Transfer them to a baking pan.
- Pour the olive oil on top.
- Mix in the salt, pepper, red pepper, and minced garlic until well combined and your Brussels Sprouts are saturated.
- With your cut sides down, bake them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Then take your sheet out and equally coat them with some parmesan. Pop your Brussels Sprouts back into the oven for an extra 10 or 15 minutes, they need to be cooked all the way without being too overly done. Sprinkle more Parmesan on them when serving according to preference.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Sos Recipes is not staffed by nutritionists or dietitians, and any provided nutritional information is an approximation. If calorie count and nutritional value are crucial to you, we suggest inputting the ingredients into your preferred online nutritional calculator. The actual calorie and nutritional content may differ based on the brands used.