No Bake 5 Ingredients Peanut Butter Energy Bites (Balls) are loaded with old-fashioned oats, flax seeds, and peanut butter. These Energy Balls are a healthy protein-packed snack!
5 INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
These peanut butter protein balls need no bake, easy to put together in less than 10 mins. Loaded with protein these peanut butter balls are a perfect snack after or before your workout, they are loaded with protein, fibers, and healthy fats. with only 5 ingredients peanut butter, old-fashioned oats, flax seed, honey, and chocolate chips.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE ENERGY BALLS
The best thing about this energy bites recipe is that it is super flexible. If you don’t have flax seed on hand replace it with wheat germ. You can try dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet Add in cranberries or cocoa powder, and shredded coconut
These energy bites can easily be served as a dessert. They are the perfect mix between cookie dough and a granola bar.
It is a great snack when you’re feeling those munchies.
You can even freeze these oatmeal energy bites if you don’t eat them all within a week.
What do you need to make energy balls?
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Helps to bind the energy bites together. You can also use your favorite nut butter as well!
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: I love using mini chocolate chips if I have them on hand. Dark chocolate chunks are also a great substitute.
- Old Fashioned Oats: I prefer to use old-fashioned oats or rolled oats in this recipe. I would not recommend making these with steel-cut oats or instant oats.
- Ground Flax Seed: Adds a boost of fiber and nutrients. If you don’t have flax seed substitute it with chia seed, or hemp seed, or add extra old-fashioned oats.
- Honey: Adds the perfect amount of sweetness to these energy balls.
HOW TO MAKE ENERGY BALLS
Simply combine the ingredients above in a medium-sized bowl, Mix to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 mins. Roll into 12 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂
TIPS FOR MAKING ENERGY BITES
1. Always try rolling the bites after they have been refrigerated. This makes rolling them so much easier. If you are still having trouble rolling them try wetting your hands or adding 1 or 2 tbsp of water to the mixture.
2. Instead of rolling it out into balls, place the mixture in a square baking dish lined with parchment paper. Refrigerate and cut to make no-bake energy bars!
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
Don’t lose this delicious recipes:
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp of honey
- Combine all 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so they are easier to roll.
- Roll into 12 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1Bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g