As simple and tasty as it is, with only few ingredients, this Chicken Fried Chicken recipe is the perfect fit for a family dinner, bringing everyone together for a comforting meal.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
Using very few ingredients makes this Chicken Fried Chicken recipe convenient for cooking big portions for dinner on work days.
The use of thin slices of chicken ensures you have the perfect serving without needing to chop anything.
To elevate the flavors, the country gravy does that excellently using the cooking oil to give a unique taste and texture to these Chicken Fried Chicken steaks.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN:
1. Use your whisk to mix your flower, salt, pepper, garlic powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a big bowl or a pie plate.
2. Separately, mix your hot sauce,egg, and buttermilk.
3. Mix well until you no longer have any egg whites anywhere.
4. Coat your chicken slices in your flour mix making sure to carefully cover all sides.
5. Move them over and dip them in your buttermilk fully coating the flour once again
6. Transfer back to your flour and coat your chicken steaks really well, then put in oil at 325 degrees of heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side to fry.
This Chicken Fried Chicken recipe is traditionally made using a little bit of oil on a frying pan, but throwing them in a deep fryer works just as well. How much easier can this get?
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂
HOW TO MAKE COUNTRY GRAVY:
1. On a bulky frying pan, put ¼ cup of cooking oil and put it on medium heat.
2. Add in flour and use your whisk to mix and fully combine for at least 1 minute
3. While still whisking, pour in your milk little by little, making sure there no longer are any lumps and the gravy is thickened up.
4. Put as much salt and pepper as you would like.
The recipe requires cooking oil, however, you can also opt for melted butter in a skillet and cook it that way. Bacon fat also works just as well.
WHAT GOES GOOD WITH CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN?
These Chicken Fried Chicken slices go well with various things, and we mention a few of our favorites down below, but they can very much be served with anything that goes with classic fried chicken.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MAKING CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN:
A deep fryer can be used instead of a frying pan.
Frying oil can be replaced by bacon grease or butter depending on preference.
The recipe calls for the thin chicken portions you get from the store, but one can also simply cut a chicken breast into fine slices.
Season the flour and gravy to your liking.
Don’t lose this delicious recipes:
- 6 to 8 thin slices of chicken breast
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 fresh egg
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1/4 cup of oil left from frying
- 1/3 cup of flour
- 2 cups of milk
- Salt and pepper
- In a skillet or deep fryer, heat a few inches of oil to 325 degrees.
- Mix your flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl.
- Separately, combine your egg, hot sauce, and buttermilk.
- With the flour mix, coat your slices of chicken, put them into the egg mix, then bring them back to the flour covering all the sides really well.
- Brown the chicken on a skillet or deep fryer for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, and repeat the process, then dry them on a plate covered in paper towels.
- For the gravy, put ¼ of the oil from frying in a pan on medium-high, add in your flour while stirring until blended, and leave for 1 minute.
- While still whisking, carefully pour in your milk until well mixed and thickened, put in salt and pepper to your liking.
- On each piece of chicken, put some gravy on top when serving.
- A deep fryer can be used instead of a frying pan.
- Frying oil can be replaced by bacon grease or butter depending on preference.
- The recipe calls for the thin chicken portions you get from the store, but one can also simply cut a chicken breast into fine slices.
- Season the flour and gravy to your liking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 2330mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g
Sos Recipes is not staffed by nutritionists or dietitians, and any provided nutritional information is an approximation. If calorie count and nutritional value are crucial to you, we suggest inputting the ingredients into your preferred online nutritional calculator. The actual calorie and nutritional content may differ based on the brands used.