Whether it is a party, a potluck, Easter, or a holiday gathering, deviled eggs are always a staple in every home, it is a regular on every table.
With very few components such as boiled eggs, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and vinegar, with the addition of a dash of paprika for flavor, the process of making my favorite deviled eggs recipe is very easy and straightforward.
Taking the cake for one of the healthiest appetizers and snacks, deviled eggs are not only simple to make, but they also only require very little components, and are known to be a crowd favorite.
HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS
Being one of the easiest recipes, you can make your deviled eggs even simpler by boiling the eggs ahead of time. The secret lies in avoiding getting that green tinge on your yolk that your guests will hate, by not boiling them for a long time.
This next step is just as effortless. Now that your eggs have cooled after boiling, cut each one in half longwise, carefully transfer your yolk to a bowl, use a fork to crush it down and put away the whites on a serving tray.
To make the creamy deliciousness, add your dijon mustard to your yolk, along with the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar, mix well until smooth. Shovel some deviled egg mix out with a small spoon, and transfer it back into your egg white. When serving, dust a sprinkle of paprika on top for that pop of flavor.
DEVILED EGG RECIPE FLAVOR VARIATIONS
You can stick to this classic tasty deviled egg recipe which never fails, or put a twist on your eggs by either making them saltier, spicier, or even sweeter, and getting creative with your
Also mixing in some chopped shallot, chive, bacon, jalapeno, sriracha sauce, cajun spices and goat cheese elevates the flavor of your deviled eggs. These blend exceptionally with basil, dil, tarragon, and a variation of other herbs.
Deviled eggs come in a variety of flavors, it is up to you whether you want to stick to the original or put a twist on it, all that matters is that you savor it.
Don’t lose this delicious recipes:
- 6 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Salt and pepper to liking
- Paprika to garnish
1. Put some water in a pot until it boils. After making sure it is no longer bubbling by turning the heat down, or off, transfer in your eggs using a skimmer. Turn the heat back up, and set a stopwatch for 14 minutes.
2. Set up a water bath with ice before your eggs are ready. Once the timer is up, take your eggs out of water and into your ice bath.
3. Peel your eggs after they have cooled, and cut them longwise in half. In a bowl, scoop out the yolk and set your whites on a plate to the side.
4. Using a fork, crush the egg yolks and mix in your mustard, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and vinegar. Blend all the ingredients together until creamy.
5. Place a spoon of your deviled eggs mix back into its place on every egg white. Dust a dash of paprika on top to jazz up.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 60Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 3g
Sos Recipes is not staffed by nutritionists or dietitians, and any provided nutritional information is an approximation. If calorie count and nutritional value are crucial to you, we suggest inputting the ingredients into your preferred online nutritional calculator. The actual calorie and nutritional content may differ based on the brands used.