Healthy Cauliflower Fritters
Eating more and putting on some extra pounds go hand in hand for me as someone who works from home. So, eating healthier has been one of my goals lately, and one of the best choice ingredients for that is cauliflower.
This healthy cauliflower fritter recipe was the way to go for me when it comes to finding that balance.
Nutritious and delicious, it will keep your tummy happy in a health-conscious fashion. The secret lies in using just the bare minimum amount of oil for frying.
These fritters come out top notch, you need to test them out. They can be served with a side yogurt to keep things healthy, or sour cream which the kids will absolutely love.
HOW TO PREPARE HEALTHY CAULIFLOWER FRITTERS
1. Put some water to heat up in a big pot, add salt and wait for it to boil. Put in the cauliflower florets and simmer for 5 minutes until soft.
2. Mince the florets on a cutting board
3. In a mixing bowl with flour, eggs, garlic, scallions, salt, and pepper, add the minced cauliflower. Combine until well mixed.
4. In a medium frying pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Get 2 to 3 tbsp of the mix into the pan to form a patty.
5. Leave each side to cook for 2 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Line a plate with paper towels and lay the fritters on top.
6. Serve them with a side of yogurt, minced scallions, or sour cream.
WHAT GOES WITH HEALTHY CAULIFLOWER FRITTERS?
For a light and balanced dish, this simple recipe of cauliflower fritters goes best with chicken and grilled fish.
It’s a very good low carb meal. You can add a gob of sour cream or yogurt on top to make it even better.
CAN YOU FREEZE HEALTHY CAULIFLOWER FRITTERS?
Absolutely. You can either freeze them before frying them or after that.
In order to do that, take 2 to 3 tbsp of the mix to a square shaped-wax paper to form a patty, put a similar paper on top of that, then another patty.
For them not to lose shape, avoid piling more than two. You can pile as many as you like once they’re frozen. Put wax paper between each patty and keep them in the freezer.
They can also be frozen after frying and defrosted for consumption after throwing them in the toaster oven to get them crispy, you can also put some olive oil spray on a hot frying pan and warm them up.
TIPS FOR BAKING THE PERFECT HEALTHY CAULIFLOWER FRITTERS
1. It can be used uncooked by turning your cauliflower into rice using a food processor. You can reduce the frying time by blanching it a little beforehand.
2. For a fiber rich dish, add in some whole wheat flour.
3. For them not to brown too fast before cooking all the way, avoid frying them at high temperatures
4. You can use an ice cream scoop to get the perfect amount every time.
5. To give them a flair, you can put in some paprika and a little shredded cheese. Not to forget salt and pepper for seasoning.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPES! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
Don’t lose this delicious recipes:
- 1 big cauliflower cut into florets
- ½ cup whole wheat, all-purpose, or gluten-free flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped scallions
- Olive oil
- Yogurt or sour cream
- Put some water to heat up in a big pot, add salt and wait for it to boil. Put in the cauliflower florets and simmer for 5 minutes until soft.
- Mince the florets on a cutting board
- In a mixing bowl with flour, eggs, garlic, scallions, salt, and pepper, add the minced cauliflower. Combine until well mixed.
- In a medium frying pan, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Get 2 to 3 tbsp of the mix into the pan to form a patty.
- Leave each side to cook for 2 minutes, or until it starts to brown. Line a plate with paper towels and lay the fritters on top.
- Serve them with a side of yogurt, minced scallions, or sour cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Sos Recipes is not staffed by nutritionists or dietitians, and any provided nutritional information is an approximation. If calorie count and nutritional value are crucial to you, we suggest inputting the ingredients into your preferred online nutritional calculator. The actual calorie and nutritional content may differ based on the brands used.