This is one of the simplest and tastiest treats : “ Rolo Pretzel Turtles ”. They make incredible holiday treats that everyone loves.
They are a combination of salted pretzels layered with chocolate caramel Rolo candies and pecans on top.
Rolo Pretzel Turtles
One of my favorite Holiday treats is “ Rolo Pretzel Turtles ” . It’s a simple recipe to prepare and you can also have fun making it with the kids . It can be made in only 15 minutes as it only takes 3 ingredients. They’re full of chocolate and caramel, crunchy, salty and sweet at the same time .It’s a more simple version of the traditional turtle candy.
They are so simple to make. We make these for every holiday gathering as everyone loves them.
Ingredients you will need For Rolo Turtle Pretzels:
- Rolos ( 1 bag )
- Small pretzels
- Pecan halves
How To Make Turtles With Pretzels
1. Turn on your oven to 350 DF
2. Put the small pretzels in a single layer onto a baking paper/ parchment paper lined baking sheet
3. Put unwrapped Rolo on top of each pretzel
4. Bake until the Rolos have softened for 2 to 3 minutes
5. Carefully place a pecan and press it a little in the center of the melted Rolo
6. Let it cool for a bit
7. Store in sealed containers.
A drizzle of melted chocolate (you can use white or dark chocolate ) or caramel sauce as well, are recommended for decoration.
Can You Freeze Pretzels Turtle?
Absolutely ! They can be put in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
Can I Make Rolo Pretzel Turtles in the Microwave?
Yes! It’s possible, but I recommend you make these in the oven. Microwaves aren’t big and it will take you longer as you will have to make small batches. If you still want to make them, put them in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds until the chocolate is soft enough to press on the pecan.
Tips For Making Chocolate Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- You can toast your pecans first for a different flavor.
- Put the pecans into the candy right away, it’s important, you want to do that while they’re still soft enough to glaze through the stick and the pecan.
- Garnish your candy with some Resse’s peanut butter, and sprinkle some minced peanuts, hershey’s kiss, or peppermint on top, along with the green and red M&M’s. Have fun!
- Put your pretzel turtles in a festive tin or jar to give people during the holiday time!
Don’t lose this delicious recipes:
- 50 Rolo candies or 1 bag (11 ounces)
- 50 mini pretzels
- 50 halves of pecan
- Turn on your oven to 300 F. Transfer your mini pretzels to a 13 inch baking pan covered with parchment paper, line them, then put 1 Rolo candy in the middle of each one. Pop it in your oven for 3 to 4 minutes until warm, and the caramel and chocolate are soft.
- Take your pan out of the oven, and place 1 pecan in the center of every Rolo candy. Pop your baking pan in the fridge, and cool until the chocolate is hardened.
- Keep at room temperature in a sealed container.
● You can toast your pecans first for a different flavor.
● Put the pecans into the candy right away, it’s important, you want to do that while they’re still soft enough to glaze through the stick and the pecan.
● Garnish your candy with some Resse’s peanut butter, and sprinkle some minced peanuts, hershey’s kiss, or peppermint on top, along with the green and red M&M’s. Have fun!
● Put your pretzel turtles in a festive tin or jar to give people during the holiday time!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 50 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 363mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Sos Recipes is not staffed by nutritionists or dietitians, and any provided nutritional information is an approximation. If calorie count and nutritional value are crucial to you, we suggest inputting the ingredients into your preferred online nutritional calculator. The actual calorie and nutritional content may differ based on the brands used.