This delicious salmon fillet in creamy lemon garlic sauce is perfectly cooked and seasoned. You will have the feeling of dining out in a fancy restaurant. Roasted Brussels sprouts and Rice Pilaf make the perfect side dishes for salmon, and I’ll tell you how to make the most creamy sauce for salmon you’ll ever taste.
BAKED SALMON WITH LEMON CREAM SAUCE
This recipe is easy to make yet full of flavor and gourmet. Salmon with lemon cream sauce is one of my favorite ways to eat this delicious fish.
You can make this dish for a date night, dinner party, or just because you’re craving to eat something rich and delicious. The dish can be ready in 40 min.
HOW TO MAKE THE CREAMY LEMON GARLIC SAUCE?
First, make a roux by cooking flour in butter for a couple of minutes and then whisking in cream to make it thicker.
Adding lemon juice and zest gives the sauce the perfect acidic flavor that is a must for a fish sauce. Chopped dill is the herb of choice for most fish dishes also.
The lemon cream sauce has to be whisked to prevent any lumps from forming. For a thicker sauce, cook it longer to let it reduce, The thickness of the sauce is determined by the cooking time, remember that.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON GARLIC SALMON?
1. Season the salmon fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper
2. You want to cook your salmon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, sear the salmon fillets skin side up until golden brown, which translates to about 5 mins of cooking time, and then flip and cook skin side down until the skin is crispy and golden (another 5 mins)
3. After it’s done cooking transfer your salmon fillet to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add butter to the skillet. Saute the garlic for about 30 mins.
4. Mix in the flour and cook for about a minute.
5. Whisk in the cream and cook until it thickens. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and chopped dill. Mix well and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
6. Return your salmon fillets to the skillet and cook with the sauce for about 2 mins. Serve with crushed red pepper flakes on top.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH GARLIC SALMON?
Wild Rice is a perfect match for salmon, and if you want to add a veggie dish, Candied Carrots are your go-to ( check our website we already made some). If the weather is cold, I like to start the meal with a Cream of Mushroom soup. For dessert, Lemon Pound Cake is a perfect choice!
1. Be careful when flipping the salmon fillets, as fish is tender and can break apart easily.
2. Preheat your skillet before adding the salmon, or they won’t brown properly
3. Do not burn the garlic. Burnt garlic tastes bitter and will ruin the sauce.
4. If you want a thinner sauce or fewer calories, use a little less cream and add a bit of milk to make the sauce. For example, you can use ¾ cup of heavy cream and ½ cup milk. Check the thickness and add a bit more flour if you feel the sauce is too thin.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
Don’t lose this delicious recipes:
- 4 (6 ounces) salmon fillets (120-180 g)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Season the salmon fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper
- in a large skillet over medium-high heat the oil, sear the salmon fillets skin side up until golden brown (about 5 mins), and then flip and cook skin side down until the skin is crispy and golden (another 5 mins)
- Transfer the salmon fillet to a plate. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the butter. Saute the garlic in the melted butter for about 30 seconds (Don’t burn the garlic)
- Mix in the flour and cook for about a minute
- Whisk in the cream and cook until thickened. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and chopped dill. Mix well and season with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Return salmon fillets to skillet and cook with the sauce for about 2 minutes. Serve with crushed red pepper flakes on top.
- Serve with Rice or any side dishes you like, enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g