I love everything parmesan-related, and this delicious parmesan-roasted broccoli is the best dish ever! maybe I’m overselling it but you’ll see once you taste it. Perfectly roasted broccoli with crunchy garlic Parmesan coating is a tasty side dish.
Ingredients For Roasted Broccoli:
- Fresh broccoli: I used medium size heads of broccoli and cut it into florets;
- Olive oil: helps the breading stick to the vegetable;
- Garlic: I prefer fresh but a powder can be used as well;
- Parmesan cheese: use freshly grated parmesan cheese for the best flavor;
- Bread crumbs: use plain, Italian style or mix them with panko; you can also make bread crumbs from scratch.
How to Roasted Broccoli?
Simply take two broccoli heads and chop them into florets. Then toss the florets with parmesan breadcrumbs and the seasoned oil mixture, and roast in the oven for 20-25 mins.
Usually, I serve it with roasted chicken or grilled fish fillets.
Next time you need a simple yet delicious side dish or simply want to eat more broccoli but you are not sure how to make it tasty, try this recipe for Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli and prepare to be amazed! Next time you need a simple side dish and you’re not sure what to make, here it is Parmesan Roasted Broccoli.
Helpful Tips For Roasted Broccoli!
I use unbleached parchment paper instead of aluminum foil. The veggies never stick and cleanup is easy.
Use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I don’t recommend the stuff in a green bottle.
Use melted butter in place of oil. The broccoli will be so buttery and crispy!
CAN I USE FROZEN BROCCOLI TO MAKE THIS DISH?
I don’t recommend frozen broccoli. It has too much moisture and won’t crisp up while baking.
CAN I MAKE THIS GLUTEN-FREE?
You can use gluten-free bread crumbs or skip them altogether and use more Parmesan cheese.
CAN I MAKE THIS WITH CAULIFLOWER TOO?
Absolutely! Use cauliflower with broccoli or substitute completely.
CAN I MAKE THIS DISH IN MY AIR FRYER?
Absolutely! Set your timer to 8 mins, then check if the broccoli is done.
DON’T LOSE THE DELICIOUS RECIPE! GO FOLLOW US OVER ON INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST FOR MORE RECIPES!
Don’t lose this delicious recipes:
- 2 medium heads of broccoli see note
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs plain or Italian style
- Preheat oven to 400℉(200°C).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim broccoli heads and cut into florets. Cut large florets in half.
- Place broccoli in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic. Toss to coat.
- Add Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and toss to coat.
- Spread broccoli on the prepared sheet. If there is any leftover breadcrumb mixture in the bottom of the bowl, sprinkle it over the broccoli.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the broccoli is soft and the breadcrumb mixture is golden brown.
- If you are using already trimmed broccoli, you will need 4 cups.
- You can use 3 tsp of minced garlic in olive oil (you can buy it in small jars) in place of fresh garlic cloves.
- Please note, that the nutrition value can vary depending on what product you use. The information below is an estimate. Always use a calorie counter you are familiar with.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 5mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Sos Recipes is not staffed by nutritionists or dietitians, and any provided nutritional information is an approximation. If calorie count and nutritional value are crucial to you, we suggest inputting the ingredients into your preferred online nutritional calculator. The actual calorie and nutritional content may differ based on the brands used.